You are hereHome ›› Department of Energy Grant
Department of Energy Grant
The City of Union City Indiana recently was awarded a grant totaling $14,413.00 to replace existing lighting fixtures with new, energy efficient systems. The grant was awarded through the Indiana Office of Energy Development.
"This grant will improve our energy usage in our buildings," said Monte Poling, City Manager, "We are pursuing a greener, more energy efficient community and this is another piece of the puzzle."
Energy Efficient Lighting Program
The City will be replacing the standard florescent bulbs in it's facilities with LED tubes. These lights have significant savings benefits, such as:
- Long Life: 50,000 + hour lifespan exceeds even the highest quality fluorescents tubes
- Extreme Efficiency: Over 80% more efficient than traditional fluorescents tubes
- Flicker-Free Lighting: Eliminate eye strain and headaches associated with fluorescents lighting
- Shatter-Proof Design: Will not break even if dropped
- Double Energy Savings: DirectLED FL tubes require no ballast saving even more energy
- No Mercury Inside: Allows the use of tube lighting when mercury contamination is not an option
- Flexible Voltage: Use tube lighting in AC 110~277V or DC 12V Input Environments
- No Interference: Perfect for settings where precise instruments can be disturbed by fluorescent tubes
- Instant Starting: Starts right away no matter the temperature or conditions