Workhorse Custom Chassis
Workhorse Custom Chassis, LLC was formed in 1998 as a manufacturer of Class A motor home, commercial step van, school bus and European motor home chassis.
Manufacturing facilities are located in Union City, Indiana; Sales and service offices are near Detroit.
- Workhorse Custom Chassis is the only chassis manufacturer who only manufactures chassis. Workhorse does not produce automobiles, trucks, vans, SUV's, RV's or any other type of vehicle.
- This single focus means 100% of all Workhorse resources go into the design, production and support of chassis.
- At 209,000 square feet, the state-of-the-art Union City plant is the largest strip chassis manufacturing facility in the world.
- The plant operates on a four-day, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. schedule Monday through Thursday.
- Workhorse is the only chassis manufacturer to have sales and service people all devoted completely to motor home and commercial chassis, to have an engineering team entirely devoted to the development and production of new chassis innovations and to have a management team averaging almost 30 years of automotive and chassis manufacturing experience per person.
Workhorse manufactures the W Series, R Series and theUFOstrip chassis designed specifically for the motor home industry and the W-52 strip chassis designed specifically for the commercial step-van industry.
- The company offers the only gasoline powered chassis available in the 10,000 - 26,000 gvw range and is the only source of GM gasoline engines and power trains for Class A motor homes and commercial chassis.
- Workhorse offers the only rear power gas engine for the RV industry.
- Workhorse is the only chassis manufacturer to develop an exclusive RV dealership service network so that the motor home owner can get both chassis and coach warranty service work done at the same location, and it is the only chassis manufacturer to join forces with Coach-Net to offer motor home owners 24-hour emergency service anywhere in the country.
- Nine regional service representatives, four regional sales representatives,one national service director, and one national sales director and assistant deal with the motor home side of Workhorse chassis.
- Workhorse has signed converter agreements with all major commercial body builders, including Morgan Olson, and Utilimaster.
- It has received orders from many major commercial fleets including Frito Lay, ARAMARK, Airborne Express, Jays Chips and Herr Baking.
And it has received orders from all major class A motor home manufacturers, including Fleetwood, Winnebago, National RV, Damon, Forest River, Four Winds, Eldorado, Tiffin, Safari, Georgie Boy, Holiday Rambler and Airstream.
- Location, Location, Location
- Major Area Corporations
- Energy Conservation Technology
- Incentives & Resources
- Available Union City Properties
- Contact Us